Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (H&I)
NHSBT Specialist Services H&I laboratories provide a range of diagnostic and reference services to meet the needs of patients and those who treat them.
Our high quality services support the diagnosis and/or treatment of a variety of medical conditions and are relevant in the following clinical areas:
- Solid organ transplantation and clinical advice for donor selection
- Haematopoietic stem cell transplantation and clinical advice for donor selection
- Blood transfusion and transfusion reactions (SHOT)
- Platelet refractoriness and provision of HLA/HPA selected components
- Platelet immunology
- Granulocyte immunology
- Immunogenetics including diagnostic testing and pharmacogenetics
We are a national network of six laboratories located at NHSBT Birmingham, Colindale, Filton, Newcastle, Sheffield, and Tooting.
H&I services from Barnsley in 2020
Information on the start dates for H&I services from the Barnsley centre
2018 Voice of the Customer Satisfaction Survey
Thank you to those of you who completed our satisfaction survey and for all the valuable feedback you provided. The survey shows us where we are doing well and where we need to improve.
We know that surveys take time but be assured that your feedback helps us to focus on improving our services. The information we receive from our Voice of the Customer surveys enable us to develop actions that aim to improve performance, customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.