Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (H&I)
NHSBT Specialist Services H&I laboratories provide a range of diagnostic and reference services to meet the needs of patients and those who treat them.
Our high quality services support the diagnosis and/or treatment of a variety of medical conditions and are relevant in the following clinical areas:
- Solid organ transplantation and clinical advice for donor selection
- Haematopoietic stem cell transplantation and clinical advice for donor selection
- Blood transfusion and transfusion reactions (SHOT)
- Platelet refractoriness and provision of HLA/HPA selected components
- Platelet immunology
- Granulocyte immunology
- Immunogenetics including diagnostic testing and pharmacogenetics
We are a national network of six laboratories located at NHSBT Birmingham, Colindale, Filton, Newcastle, Sheffield, and Tooting.