Ordering Ro units
An estimated 15,000 people have sickle cell disease (SCD) in the UK. We are doing what we can to ensure supply of R0 blood for these people who need regular blood transfusions but we do need your help.
Please support us by:
- Submitting orders 5 working days in advance where possible, as units are held at sites with the largest demand
- Accepting the substitutions we make in accordance with the substitution matrix
- Deleting outstanding orders on OBOS if the order is no longer required, so they can be used for other patients
- Ordering R0 units for R0 patients so we have accurate demand data
- Discussing any ordering issues or suggestions for improvement with your Customer Services Manager