Demand printed labels
If you would like NHSBT to consider accepting samples from your hospital / Trust which have been labelled using a demand printed labelling system, please complete the application form. The sample label requirements are specified on the form.
Address labels for sample boxes
When referring diagnostic samples to our laboratories, please:
- Use the correct address, clearly identifying the lab name
- Discuss with the laboratory (by telephone) regarding arrangements for urgent samples
- Ensure the boxes for urgent samples are marked as 'Urgent'
- Pack in accordance with EU Carriage of Dangerous Goods Regulations and IATA Regulations
In order to help NHSBT staff to identify where the boxes are to be delivered and reduce the risk of samples referred to H&I laboratories being incorrectly stored or forwarded to the wrong department when they arrive on site we have produced a standard set of sample box address label templates for each laboratory.
Your co-operation in using these labels when referring diagnostic samples to our labs is appreciated.
The templates can be printed direct onto labels 99.1 x 38.1mm
- H&I Barnsley (Word 45.5KB)
- H&I Birmingham (Word 42KB)
- H&I Colindale (Word 49KB)
- H&I Filton (Word 45KB)
- H&I Newcastle (Word 46KB)
- H&I Tooting (Word 43KB)
Samples for platelet and granulocyte immunology testing
We also recommend that samples for platelet and granulocyte immunology testing are posted direct to NHSBT Filton in order to ensure the samples arrive at the laboratory as soon as possible since testing is dependent on the age of the sample.
Samples delayed in transit may not be suitable for testing.