Component portfolio and prices
This provides details of therapeutic blood components supplied to hospitals, including constituents, and information on:
- identification barcodes
- quality standards and monitoring
- storage and handling
- clinical indications and contraindications
- specialist requirements
- dosage, administration, recognition of adverse effects
- material safety data sheet
- Price list
- Update from NHSBT, May
- Adjustment to prices, April
- The National Commissioning Group (NCG) consideration of our pricing and service proposals, issued by the Department of Health and Social Care NCG outcome letter December 2019.
Ordering plasma from 6 April 2020
Changes to neonatal platelet component specification from 14 January 2020
From this date, neonatal components will be manufactured to a revised specification, which will improve their quality for transfusion. The specification includes clinical implications. The component portfolio is being updated to include the specification.
Availability of non stock and special components
- Availability of non stock and special components including components required for urgent requests.
SaBTO’s recommendations on vCJD risk reduction measures
NHSBT communication issued 9 September 2019 regarding the Department for Health and Social Care's (DHSC) notification of the ministerial decision to accept SaBTO’s recommendations on vCJD risk reduction measures in England, Wales and Scotland for plasma and platelet recipients born on or after 1 January 1996.