Red Cell Immunohaematology (RCI)
Services provided by our laboratories
RCI offers a range of reference testing services which provide vital support for blood transfusion, organ and stem cell transplantation by ensuring the safety and clinical efficacy of transfusion and transplantation.
Using our network of laboratories, we work closely with hospital laboratories to support routine blood testing, complex and confirmatory testing. Utilising our experience and clinical expertise we can provide 24/7 support, online access to results and well respected training programmes for laboratory staff.
- Follow-up red cell serology for antenatal patients with red cell antibodies, including quantification and titration of antibodies.
- Investigations of blood grouping problems.
- Genotyping for selected cases and haemoglobinopathy patients.
- Investigation of red cell antibodies, including cross-matching in cases of transfusion problems.
- Investigation of cases with a positive direct antiglobulin test (DAT).
- Assessment of feto-maternal haemorrhage (FMH) by flow cytometry.
- Investigation of adverse transfusion reactions