The Patient Blood Management Practitioner team support and promote blood awareness campaigns. A guide to running a transfusion awareness event is one of the many resources available on this page to help Trusts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities to run awareness campaigns.
2019 Patient Identification
The NBTC patient involvement working group resources have been updated
2016 Save One O D Neg a week
Launched as a national campaign supporting hospital staff to make a difference and 'Save One O D Neg a week'.
- O D Negative Red Cell Toolkit (updated 2019)
2015 Sickle Cell Disease
- Guide to Planning Events to raise Awareness of Sickle Cell Disease and Transfusion (pdf)
- 6 posters in low colour or high colour raising awareness of when blood is needed, providing information for patients, relatives, medical and nursing staff and promoting resources from the Sickle Cell Society for teachers, healthcare professionals and employers
2010 RhD Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn (HDN) - advances in prevention and treatment
These resources produced by the National Blood Transfusion Committee promote and support RhD Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn awareness initiatives.
- Measuring Fetal Maternal Haemorrhage in RhD negative women (pdf)
- Potentially sensitising events (pdf)
- Reducing the impact of HDN (pdf)
- Sensitised pregnancies and RhD HDN: current management (pdf)
- What is HDN? (pdf)
- Which antibodies are important in causing HDN? (pdf)
- Anti-D module on LearnBloodTransfusion e-learning package
- Blood Groups and Red Cell Antibodies in Pregnancy patient information leaflet (pdf)
- SHOT bites No 2: Anti-D Ig – Highlights & lessons from over 2 decades (pdf) available from the SHOT website