The Patient Blood Management Practitioner team support and promote blood awareness campaigns. A guide to running a transfusion awareness event is one of the many resources available on this page to help Trusts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities to run awareness campaigns.
2016 Save One O D Neg a week
Launched as a national campaign supporting hospital staff to make a difference and 'Save One O D Neg a week'.
2015 Sickle Cell Disease
- Guide to Planning Events to raise Awareness of Sickle Cell Disease and Transfusion (pdf)
- 6 posters in low colour or high colour raising awareness of when blood is needed, providing information for patients, relatives, medical and nursing staff and promoting resources available from the Sickle Cell Society for teachers, healthcare professionals and employers
2010 RhD Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn (HDN) - advances in prevention and treatment
These resources produced by the National Blood Transfusion Committee promote and support RhD Haemolytic Disease of the Newborn awareness initiatives.
- What is HDN? (pdf)
- Which antibodies are important in causing HDN? (pdf)
- Reducing the impact of HDN (pdf)
- Potentially sensitising events (pdf)
- Anti-D: when and how much? (pdf)
- Measuring Fetal Maternal Haemorrhage in RhD negative women (pdf)
- Sensitised pregnancies and RhD HDN: current management (pdf)
- Quick facts on HDN (pdf)
- Blood Groups and Red Cell Antibodies in Pregnancy patient information leaflet (pdf)
- Protecting women and babies with Anti-D Immunoglobulin patient information leaflet (pdf)
- HDN Awareness Booklet patient information leaflet (pdf)
- SHOT Bites No 2: Anti-D Lessons and Highlights 2015 (pdf) available from the SHOT website
- Anti-D module on LearnBloodTransfusion e-learning package