New UK wide patient information leaflet - 'Receiving a Blood Transfusion'
Available July 2021
In line with the new SaBTO recommendations on Consent for Transfusion a new UK wide patient information leaflet has been produced and will be available to order / download in early July 2021.
The leaflet encompasses all the blood components and is suitable for adult patients, parents and carers (the childrens’ comics will remain) replacing:
- Will I need a blood transfusion?
- Will I need a platelet transfusion?
- FPP & cryoprecipitate; information for patients
- Will my baby need a blood transfusion?
- Will your child need a blood transfusion?
- Patient Blood Management leaflet
Once the new leaflet is available please destroy all supplies of the obsolete ones.
Anne Davidson - Education Lead, Patient Blood Management team