Fetal RHD screening - change to primary tube testing
Moving to a fully automated process
Following a Continuous Improvement event, IBGRL Molecular Diagnostics is changing the way the samples are processed. We are removing the freezing step and moving to a fully automated process. This will reduce errors associated with the manual process.
We need you to:
- Only place your laboratory barcodes on the referral form (not on the sample tube) or follow the guidance on acceptable placement of the hospital barcode label on sample tubes (see guidance below).
- Please provide one >6mL EDTA tube for this test
The related documents have been updated:
- Barcode label information for fetal RHD screening samples (PDF 552KB)
- Fetal RHD Screening Service User Guide, INF1259 (PDF 238KB)
- Fetal RHD Screening Referral Form, FRM5197 (PDF 111KB)
- Guidance for completion of FRM5197, INF1340 (PDF 147KB)
Erika Rutherford - Business Development Manager, International Blood Group Reference Laboratory