Online Blood Ordering System
The latest version,7.4.0 was released to the training site on 14 April 2017 and to the live site on 3 July 2017.
- User guide INF414, version 19 (PDF)
- Training presentation (PDF) - request a Word or PowerPoint version
- Release notes (PDF)
- Practice orders (DOC)
When OBOS is unavailable please fax an order form to your Hospital Services department:
- standard component request (PDF) for components with no specific phenotype
- non-standard component request (PDF) - for components with specific phenotypes, for example: K-, c- and E-
- emergency component request - for emergency orders
User help and support
Please contact an OBOS administrator in your hospital or Trust with any queries.
If you experience a system performance issue please contact your hospital IT department first, to check there are no local IT issues, before emailing the NHSBT OBOS team.
Administrator help and support
If you are having difficulties with user accounts please email the NHSBT OBOS team or contact your Customer Service Manager.
If the issue is not an N3 (N3 is the national broadband network for the English NHS) or a local one please contact your Hospital Services department. Please capture any error messages displayed to help them resolve the issue. To do this use the PrtScn key on the keyboard and paste into an email or word document.
Password reset for users and administrators
We recommend you request a password reset via the OBOS logon page, rather than locking your account if you are unsure of your password.
We value your suggestions for the development of OBOS, please email the team or speak to your Customer Service Manager.