Patient Information Leaflets
These leaflets help healthcare professionals to obtain informed consent for diagnostic testing. They explain investigations, why tests are undertaken and what happens to patient and donor samples.
For paper copies please contact your H&I laboratory.
Solid Organ Transplantation
- Histocompatibility testing for kidney transplant donors
- Histocompatibility testing for cardiothoracic transplant patients
- Histocompatibility testing for kidney transplant patients
Haematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation
- Histocompatibility testing for stem cell transplant patients
- Histocompatibility testing for potential stem cell transplant patients
Services related to Transfusion
Immunogenetics – HLA and Disease Association
- Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia (HIT) : A guide to HIT and associated laboratory testing (available from the H&I laboratory at NHSBT Filton)
- Platelet antigens & antibodies in pregnancy
- Information for mothers about neutrophil blood groups and Neonatal alloimmune neutropenia (NAIN) (available from the H&I laboratory at Filton)