Information and updates to help clinical and laboratory staff manage the impact of COVID-19
Blood supply updates
- Stock position
- Sample labelling requirements for referred samples
- Changes to delivery routes/points
- Service provision covering the Easter bank holiday
- We have built blood stocks over the last few weeks and our stock levels for all components remain in a good position.
- We are focusing on manufacture of short shelf life components, platelets and components for intrauterine, neonatal, paediatric and infant use.
- We have written to donors requesting their continued support with the message “You can still travel to donate”
Updates from clinical areas
IBGRL 3 April - referring samples
TAS 2 April - clinical and operational
Stem cells 2 April - NICE rapid guidance on haemopoietic stem cell transplantation
RCI 13 March - referring samples
H&I 13 March - testing services
Our donation sessions are open
We need people to keep donating blood; it is essential for the NHS and the treatment of patients.
- Travelling to give blood is considered 'essential' travel
- Please keep your appointment if you can, or make a new one
- So we collect the right amount of blood we limit the number of appointments available for each day; if you can’t find an appointment straight away, just book for as soon as you can, we need you
You can keep up to date with our advice to donors at blood.co.uk